19/11/18 | General
Job Title: Part-time Accounts Administrator – Flexible Hours
- Well organised with a strength in prioritising
- Able to work independently and use their own initiative, alongside a small team
- Accurate, with attention to detail
- Computer literate with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with using accounting software, Sage or similar, preferred
- Studying for/attained accounting qualification would be highly beneficial
Hours and Remuneration
- The role is estimated to be 8 hours per week with flexible hours.
- This role would suit someone who would like to work, but has other home commitments for example.
- Salary will be commensurate with the applicant’s experience, qualifications and work hours
CVs to be emailed to : firstname.lastname@example.org
Main Purpose of the Role
This is a new role in this growing rugby club. The Accounts Administrator will work alongside the Club Manager and report to the Board of Directors and be responsible for all of the financial administration of this small business, currently consisting of 3 companies: Lymm RFC Limited, Lymm Beechwood Limited and Lymm Garden Limited.
This financial administration will be relied upon to manage the finance functions of the club and the role is essential in providing timely information to the directors.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
To provide all necessary administration of the following financial information:
- Raising and processing sales/sponsorship invoices on the accounting software
- Sending the invoices as appropriate and dealing with customer/sponsorship queries politely and effectively
- Optimise the collection of monies in from customers/sponsors
- Provide timely reports on debtors for the monitoring of cash flow
- Highlight any late payments and agree a plan of action to collect
- Coding and inputting of purchase onto the accounting software
- Ensure that purchase invoices are authorised in accordance with company policy
- Provide the necessary information to allow the club to pay suppliers on a timely basis
- Deal with supplier queries effectively and efficiently via the telephone and email
- Reconciliation of supplier accounts to supplier statements received
- Set up and process bank and cheque payments to creditors
- Provide remittance advices for paid items
- Prepare information to be used by management for cash/projects forecasts
- Expenses/Credit Cards??
- Collecting all invoices/receipts and matching to the credit card statement
- Deal with expenses in accordance with club procedures
- Code and post transactions accordingly
- Submit quarterly returns in advance of their deadlines
- Ensure management are aware of the payments required
- Maintain Records at the Club:
- Open, date and appropriately deal with post, including recognising important matters to bring to the immediate attention of the directors
- File (and archive) carefully and logically and on a timely basis, allowing management to easily access information when you are not present
- Maintain organised, filed data on shared drives
- Perform other routine clerical tasks as assigned and needed
- Represent the club and be polite and pleasant in all communications and timely with responses
- Organise records of all communications
- Due to this being a new role, there may be additional tasks to those listed above. We seek someone who will continually look at ways of improving the effectiveness of the companies and club as a whole.